Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Passion pretty muched me up pretty good. And it wasn't anything that was spoken at Passion that did it. It was just my pondering at Passion and praying in the place they had set up for praying. It's like in everything I do I see sin. I mean Jeremy, Adam and I talked about what it is like to be responsibly rich, and I'm not even responsibly a poor college kid. It's such a waste of money to eat out, or buy alot of DVDs, CDs and books like I do. I need to be a better steward of my money. And that isn't even the sin. I heard that if you break down every sin to the root, it always ends up at idolatry. Am I finding my satisfaction in things instead of Jesus? I'd like to say no, but the fruit points to yes. Got to work on that.

Pride was something I had started giving alot of thought to prior to Passion as well. Beth Moore nailed that point home, with the fun ironic quote of "If ANYONE knows about humbleness its me," but still pride and wanting to bring myself glory goes like hand and hand. Is that why I make jokes? To bring myself glory or to bring others joy? Both? I don't know alot of the times. Needless to say I'm going to be working on that alot as well.

School has been like a joke to me this past year and a half. Don't go to class? You bet I don't. I miss way to many classes, don't do homework, don't study for tests. Again I was thinking that I needed to fix this.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:22-24

Then Louie Giglio gets on stage and talks about when he almost bombed out of college and I was like, "Really God? 24,000 people and You decide to talk directly to me? Well, message received." So this semester I'm going hardcore and with purpose.

Well, I'll try and fail. I really need Jesus's help. A long time ago I thought well, I don't cuss, smoke, or drink, I guess I got this Christianity thing down. It's becoming clearer that Sanctification doesn't come in this life. But I'm still going to try to become holy, for that is what I am called to do.

No comments: